Get certification by completing the appropriate course in cardiopulmonary resuscitation to the level of the professional rescuer.
Red Cross in Vineland, NJ – 856-691-2265
Inspira Healthcare Network – 856-641-8000
Get Emergency Medical Technician certification by completing the appropriate course.
A list of training centers and upcoming classes can be found in the State of New Jersey, Department of Health and Senior Services website: Click Here
If you have National registry certification or are certified in another U.S. state, information on reciprocity can be found here: Click Here
If you need help or more explanation contact: Chief Kelly Soracco of City of Vineland Emergency Medical Service Division at 794-6185.
Positions @ Vineland EMS
The following is a summary of what is required to become a Vineland Emergency Medical Service Emergency Medical Technician. This is only a set of notes to answer the most often asked questions. A Vineland Emergency Medical Service Supervisor or the Chief can explain how these items apply to individual circumstances. When in doubt of whether you meet the standards, please call for an explanation. We are happy to talk with you. This is only a general guideline. We expect to hire and to refuse to hire people that appear and don’t appear to comply with the guidelines below.
Current NJ Emergency Medical Technician Certification
This certification must be current and must be from NJ. Only NJ certification is acceptable. This is a requirement of the NJ Department of Personnel.
Current Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This certification needs to be acceptable under NJ law for BLS providers. Courses like CPR for the Professional Rescuer and BLS-C are what is needed. These classes cover one and two person resuscitation techniques as well as care for infants and children.
- Current license to operate a motor vehicle that is valid in NJ
- Good driving record
- Clean criminal record
- Mental, physical, and intellectual capability to perform the job
ACTIONS YOU MUST TAKE:
- Apply via the NJ State Department of Personnel procedures, if in effect
- This is a Civil Service position. When we have a current “Civil Service” list, we will hire the people on the list before those who are not.
- PREPARE A CITY OF VINELAND APPLICATION: Applications are available in the Personnel Department, 5th floor of City Hall. Vineland City Hall is located at 640 Wood Street (Located at the corner of 7th and Wood streets in Vineland, NJ. The application should be filled out completely including the names, addresses, and telephone numbers for three references. The City of Vineland Employment Application can be found at: http://www.vinelandcity.org/personnel/application.html
- RESIDENCY: Residents of the City of Vineland are given preference when applicants are considered for employment. When all other things are equal residents are also given preference on promotions.